Potassium is a very important nutrient that many people don’t think about too much. Your body needs this mineral to facilitate muscle activity, regulate blood pressure, and foster good health. A deficiency in potassium is associated with heart disease, arthritis, infertility, digestive problems, and certain forms of cancer.
Fortunately, it can be easy to get the potassium you need in a delicious, Japanese-style meal. There are many potassium-rich foods you can find at our Issaquah sushi restaurant, including the following:
- Seafood: Most seafood represents a good source of potassium. Fattier fish in particular are good choices, including tuna, salmon, and halibut.
- Soy: Unprocessed soy products give you a lot of potassium. Try our edamame, or any tofu-based dish.
- Leafy Greens: Many green vegetables have a lot of potassium. This includes the nori seaweed you’ll find in much of our sushi.
- Avocado: A single avocado has over twice the potassium of a banana.
- Meat: Red meat and poultry is a fairly good potassium source. Try our beef bowl, or bulgogi, or our teriyaki chicken.